Vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are a mouth watering treat that’s perfect for anyone who’s looking to reduce their animal product consumption without sacrificing flavor.
These cookies are not only delicious but they’re also packed with wholesome ingredients that offer a variety of health benefits.
Whether you’re a vegan or simply looking to make healthier food choices these cookies are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Picture biting into a warm, chewy cookie that’s loaded with gooey chocolate chips and chunks of hearty oats. It’s an excellent indulgence without any of the guilt.
In this blog post we’ll be sharing a recipe for vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies that’s easy to make and guaranteed to impress your taste buds. So, grab your apron and let’s get baking.
Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Ingredients:-
To make vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies you’ll need the following ingredients:-
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of vegan butter or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of almond milk
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of vegan chocolate chips
If you don’t have all of these ingredients on hand there are a few substitutions you can make. For example:-
- Instead of all-purpose flour you can use whole wheat flour or gluten-free flour.
- Instead of brown sugar you can use coconut sugar, maple syrup, or agave nectar.
- Instead of vegan butter or coconut oil you can use applesauce or mashed bananas.
- Instead of almond milk you can use soy milk, oat milk, or coconut milk.
- Instead of vegan chocolate chips you can use chopped nuts, dried fruit, or cacao nibs.
Keep in mind that substitutions may alter the taste and texture of the cookies so it’s best to use the ingredients listed in the recipe if possible.
Regardless don’t be afraid to experiment with different ingredients to make your own unique flavor.
- Now that you have all your ingredients ready let’s get started on making these tasty vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the vegan butter (or coconut oil) and brown sugar until smooth and fluffy.
- Add in the almond milk and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients mixing until a thick dough forms.
- Fold in the vegan chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Scoop the dough onto a lined baking sheet using a cookie scoop or spoon leaving about 2 inches of space between each cookie.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tips and Tricks:-
- Make sure your vegan butter (or coconut oil) is at room temperature before mixing it with the brown sugar. This will help ensure a smooth and creamy texture.
- Don’t overmix the dough once you’ve added the dry ingredients. Overmixing can lead to tough, dry cookies.
- For extra chewy cookies refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes before baking.
- If you’re using a smaller baking sheet you may need to bake the cookies in batches.
- Feel free to experiment with different mix ins like chopped nuts or dried fruit, to create your own unique flavor. Just be sure to adjust the measurements accordingly.
Health Benefits Of Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies:-
Not only are vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies delicious but they also offer a variety of nutritional benefits.
Here are some of the health benefits of the ingredients used in this recipe:-
Oats are a great source of fiber which can help regulate digestion and keep you feeling full. They also contain important vitamins and minerals, like manganese, phosphorus, and magnesium.
Almond milk is a low calorie dairy free alternative to cow’s milk. It’s also rich in vitamin E which is an antioxidant that can help protect cells from damage.
While brown sugar is still a form of sugar it does contain trace amounts of minerals like calcium, potassium, and iron.
Vegan chocolate chips:-
Vegan chocolate chips are made without any dairy products and are usually sweetened with natural sweeteners like agave nectar or coconut sugar.
Dark chocolate also contains antioxidants which can help protect cells from damage.
Compared to traditional chocolate chip cookies these vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are a healthier option.
They contain less saturated fat and cholesterol and more fiber and vitamins.
By using whole food ingredients and natural sweeteners you can indulge in a sweet treat without feeling guilty.
Here are some answers to some common questions about vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies:-
Are vegan cookies healthier than regular cookies?
In general vegan cookies can be a healthier option than traditional cookies, specifically if they are made with whole food ingredients and natural sweeteners.
Vegan cookies typically contain less saturated fat and cholesterol, and more fiber and vitamins.
Can I freeze these cookies?
Yes these cookies can be frozen for up to three months. Simply place them in an airtight container or freezer bag and store them in the freezer.
When you’re ready to enjoy them let them thaw at room temperature for a few hours.
Can I use a different type of flour instead of all-purpose flour?
Yes you can substitute all-purpose flour with a gluten free flour blend or whole wheat flour.
Regardless, keep in mind that the texture and taste of the cookies may be slightly different.
Can I use a different type of sweetener instead of brown sugar?
Yes you can use different types of sweeteners like maple syrup, coconut sugar or agave nectar.
Regardless keep in mind that the texture and taste of the cookies may be slightly different. Adjust the amount of sweetener used based on your taste preference.
Vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are a delicious and more nutritious option than traditional chocolate chip cookies.
They are made with whole food ingredients and natural sweeteners providing essential nutrients and fiber that can help regulate digestion and keep you feeling full.
By making these cookies you can satisfy your sweet tooth while also making a positive impact on the environment and animal welfare. And the best part? You don’t have to sacrifice taste or texture.
So why not give this recipe a try? You might just be surprised at how delicious and easy it is to make.
And if you do try it out, be sure to share your thoughts and experiences in the comments section below. We’d love to hear from you.